DevSpawn for academic institutions
- Art -- drawing things
- Art -- animating, modelling and other technical bits
- Code -- writing it
- Sound -- SFX, sequencing, production and technical bits
- Testing -- gameplay testing and test management
We are looking for students aged 18 and over, ideally in education at a UK academic institution. Whilst we don't require anything from the student's current place of study, we are happy to get involved in their employer engagement programme and provide feedback and information about their placement.
Several times a year we start a DevSpawn Thing (placement) that provides assets, code and resources to 36peas video game titles -- currently targeting iOS and Unity platforms. Each individual Thing will generally:
- Last from 2 to 4 months
- Require individuals in all of the above disciplines
- Offer members a bursary (we pay you, not the other way around)
- All projects offer:
- Direct experience of developing commercial games
- Access to direct mentoring from ourselves
- Ongoing feedback and development opportunities
- A support network of members, mentors and game developers working in the DevSpawn programme
Depending on the requirements of the student's programme of study, we will consider longer placements where appropriate.
Institutions looking for more information or wanting to discuss opportunities should contact email@example.com.